2020 PM Society Awards – Havas Lynx and VCCP come out on top
The 34th annual PM Society Awards saw Havas Lynx Group receive seven Gold awards across work for six different clients and VCCP six Gold awards with two pharma partners.
Other agency Gold winners were Envision Pharma Group with support from woolley pau gyro, Havas Life Medicom, HealthCircle, McCann Health, Syneos Health Communications and Verve.
Both Edwards Lifesciences and Teva won four Golds and one Silver each, making them joint top of the pharma charts. Roche won two Golds and two Silvers and Reckitt Benckiser (RB) two Golds. Other Gold winners on the client side included ALK, Heart UK, Immunocore, Janssen, Mundipharma, Novo Nordisk and Santen.
Although the Gold Awards were dominated by Havas Lynx Group and VCCP, there were 21 different agencies and 30 different pharmaceutical or healthcare organisations that received a Gold, Silver or Bronze.
Best of Show this year was chosen by head judge Oliver Caporn, who selected VCCP’s film ‘Hairspray’ from their ‘Acts of Love’ campaign developed for Teva.
Oliver said of the film: “Although not the most awarded entry in the show, it won its own category hands down and has stuck with me since the first time I saw it. An emotional, well written, beautifully cast and directed film, not just for pharma but by any standards. Clever use of misdirection and humour keep the viewer engaged from the first frame. Then that final twist surprises and delights, and brings a lump to the throat. But the crucial ingredient when judging was that it made me wish I had done it!”
There were several notable results this year with Havas Lynx Group retaining three of last year’s category wins – Interactive Communications, Disease Awareness (Patients) and Best use of Insight.
Envision Pharma Group also retained the Events and Exhibition title for another year.
The PM Society Awards recognise creativity, impact and innovation across pharmaceutical and healthcare advertising and communications.
Notably, they include ‘Target Awards’ that are judged by nationwide online surveys of healthcare professionals or pharmaceutical executives – the “targets” of the work.
Other categories are judged by panels of Creative Directors and industry experts.
2020 PM Society Gold Awards
- Craft Award for Sales Aid – McCann Health for Reckitt Benckiser
- Craft Award for Film & Animation (HCPs) – VCCP Health for Edwards Lifesciences
- Craft Award for Film & Animation (Patients) – VCCP Health for Teva
- Craft Award for Interactive Communications – Havas Lynx Group for Teva
- Craft Award for Events and Exhibitions – Envision Pharma Group for Mundipharma with support from woolley pau gyro
- Craft Award for Disease Awareness (HCPs) – Syneos Health Communications for Immunocore
- Craft Award for Disease Awareness (Patients) – Havas Lynx Group in partnership with Heart UK
- Craft Award for Patient Support – Havas Lynx Group for Roche
- Target Award for House Promotion – Havas Life Medicom
- Target Award for Corporate & Internal Communications – VCCP Health for Teva
- Craft Award for Primary Care Advertisement – Havas Lynx Group for ALK
- Craft Award for Advertisement Campaign – VCCP Health for Edwards Lifesciences
- Craft Award for Secondary Care Advertisement – VCCP Health for Edwards Lifesciences
- Target Award for Advertisement Campaign – Havas Lynx Group for Novo Nordisk
- Target Award for Primary Care Advertisement – Verve for RB
- Target Award for Secondary Care Advertisement – Havas Lynx Group for Janssen
- Innovation – HealthCircle for Santen
- Mixed Media – VCCP Health for Edwards Lifesciences
- Best Use of Insight – Havas Lynx Group for Roche
- Best of Show – VCCP Health for Teva